Friday, February 8, 2008

Three Valentine's Day Wishes

I hope you will all use Valentine’s Day for three important things:

1. to enjoy a few chocolate hearts,
2. to select some award-winning essays to submit for the First Amendment Symposium competition and,
3. to collect Journalist of the Year portfolios

Make sure the portfolios are sent to me at IHSPA and postmarked by Friday, February 15. Send the essays as e-mail attachments to me by Friday, February 15. I will verify both when I receive them. Certificates and $100 will be presented to the winners of the essay contest at the First Amendment Symposium at the Indiana Statehouse March 4. (Anyone who has misplaced the directions can download them on the IHSPA Web site.)

The Student Journalist of the year will also be announced at the Symposium this year. The recipient will receive a plaque and $500; and the portfolio will be submitted to the JEA national competition.

One adviser told me that he doesn’t want to blame himself if he forgets to mail things I need from him, so he has decided to blame me. Therefore, think of this as your valentine reminder from someone who wants to help you meet deadlines and longs to hear from you and your students.

Other Exciting News from IHSPA

Dennis Cripe will be inducted into the Indiana Journalism Hall of Fame on April 12 in the company of others who have made huge contributions to journalism in Indiana including Mike Ahern, longtime anchor at WISH. More about Dennis and the honor will appear on the Web site as soon as we can dig up photos of him in his parents’ print shop as a kid destined for journalistic success.

1 comment:

Carrie said...

Hi Diana! I hope you received my editor's portfolio. She has been stressing about it all week. I love the blog!
-Carrie Wadycki